Patents in Singapore
A Singapore Patent is effective for a term of: 20 years (from the filing date)
The Design patents are effective for a term of: 20 years
Approximate Patent Application processing time: 3 years.
Member of the Paris Convention: Yes
Member of the PCT: Yes
Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS)
- Patent Filing
- Publication: 18 months from the filing date or first priority date.
- Examination: Requested at any time within three years from the date of filing.
- Acceptance (Notice of Allowance) or rejection.
- Payment of the Issue Fees.
- The patentee shall pay an annual fee beginning with the year in which the patent right was granted.