Argentina patent application requirements and general information
1.- Argentina Patent application requirements
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Spanish and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Other information
– Priority: Argentina is not a member of the PCT and the time limit for a national patent application is 12 months from the priority date.
– Examination: The Request for examination must be filed within 18 months from the application date.
– Patent Grant: Once the patent is accepted for registration the applicant must proceed with the payment of Patent Grant fees within 30 days from the allowance notice. Once the patent certificate is issued we will forward it to the client.
– Maintenance: Maintenance fees must be paid once the patent is granted starting from the 3rd year from the application date.
– Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.