Benelux patent application requirements and general information
1.- Filing information – Benelux Patent
- Name and address of the applicant.
- Name, address and citizenship of the Inventor(s).
- Invention Title, Abstract of the Invention, Utility Model or Design.
- Invention, Utility Model or Design Text Description.
- Set of formal drawings.
- Assignment document if applicant is different than the inventor.
- Official certified priority document,including priority number and country of origin.
- Official search results from the Patent Office where the patent was first filed.
Novelty requirement: designs not known in the Benelux within the last fifty years.
2.- Patent in Benelux
Concession of the Patent Grant: 20 years
Concession of the Utility Model or Design Application: 15 years
Member of the Paris Convention: Yes
Benelux is a Member of the PCT: Yes
- Patent Filing
- Preliminary Exam
- Patent Publication: 18 months from the priority date
- Formal Examination Request: Before 36 months from the filing date. Must be requested after 60 days from the patent publication date.
- 90 days to respond office action from the formal examination.
- Acceptance or rejection
- Payment of the Final Taxes and Title.
For further information feel free to contact us. Also you can always review the official website of the Intellectual Property Office of Benelux trough the following link: