Ecuador patent application requirements and general information
1.- Ecuador Patent application requirements
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Spanish and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Other information
– Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 31 months from the earliest date of priority. For national filings (non-PCT) the term for filing the application claiming conventional priority is 12 months from the priority date. Restoration of this term is not possible.
– Examination: The Request for examination has to be paid within 6 months from the publication date.
-Patent Grant: Once the patent is accepted for registration the applicant must proceed with the payment of Patent Grant fees within 2 months form the acceptance notice. Once the patent certificate is issued we will forward it to the client.
-Maintenance: Annuities will be due every year after granting of the applications.
-Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information feel free to contact us or you can also visit the official website of the Intellectual Property Office trough the following link: