Indonesia patent application requirements and general information
1.- Patent Filing requirements – Indonesia Patent
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Indonesian and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Patent in Indonesia
-Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 31 months from the earliest date of priority. For national filings (non-PCT) the term for filing the application claiming priority is 12 months from the priority date. Restoration of this term is possible paying additional fees.
-Examination: The “2. Request for examination” must be filed within 3 years from the International Filing Date for PCT national phases and from the filing date for conventional applications.
-Maintenance: Annuities must be paid along with the granting notification, after this must be paid each subsequent year.
-Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application or the international filing date.
For further information details feel free to contact us. Also you will always be able to contact the local Intellectual Property Office trough the following link: