Pakistan patent application requirements and general information
1.- Filing information – Pakistan Patent
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in English and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Other information
– Priority: Pakistan is not a member of the PCT. In order to claim priority has to be done within 12 months from the filing date of the earliest priority date.
– Examination: The substantive examination is carried out automatically without a formal request being made. The first examination report is issued within 18 months of the application date.
– Patent Grant: The payment of 3. Patent Grant fees must be paid within 4 months from the publication date. Once the patent certificate is issued we will forward it to the client.
– Maintenance: Maintenance fees must are paid after granting and starting from the fifth year of the patent term and are paid in advance at the beginning of the fourth year.
– Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information feel free to contact us. You can always contact also the official Intellectual Property Office trough the following link: