Peru patent application requirements and general information
1.- Peru Patent Requirements
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Spanish and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed
2.- General information of the patent process in Peru
-Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 30 months from the earliest date of priority. For national filings (non-PCT) the term for filing the application claiming priority is 12 months from the priority date. Restoration of this term is possible within two month from the expiration of the deadline and paying additional fees.
-Examination: The Request for examination must be filed within 6 months from the publication date, the cost is included in our filing fees.
In Peru it is possible to request an accelerated examination under the PPH (Patent Prosecution Highway).
-Maintenance: Annuities must be paid yearly.
For further information feel free to contact us or you can also visit the website of the local Intellectual Property Office trough the following link: