Russia patent application requirements and general information
1.- Russian Patent application requirements
Below you will be able to review our Russia patent application requirements:
- Patent Filing service form.
- Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Russian and in Word format.
- Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
- Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
- Payment upfront.
- Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.-Patents in Russia
Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 31 months from the earliest date of priority for national phases and 12 months for local patent applications. Restoration of this term is possible where the failure to meet the deadline was due to error, omission or circumstances beyond the control of the applicant.
Examination: The 2. Request for examination must be filed within 3 years from the International Filing Date for PCT national phases and from the filing date for conventional applications.In Russia it is possible to request an accelerated examination under the PPH (Patent Prosecution Highway).
Patent Grant: The payment of 3. Patent Grant fees must be paid within 2 months of the acceptance date. Once the patent certificate is issued we will forward it to the client.
Maintenance: Maintenance fees must be paid at the beginning of the fourth anniversary of the effective filing date.
Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information you can visit the website of the Australian Patent office in the following link: