Saudi Arabia patent application requirements and general information
1.- Filing information – Saudi Arabia Patent
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Arabic and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Patent in Saudi Arabia
– Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 30 months from the earliest date of priority for national phases and 12 months for local patent applications. Restoration of this term is possible.
– Examination: The 2. Request for examination must be filed within 3 years from the priority date.
– Patent Grant: The applicant must proceed with the payment of the 3. Patent Grant fees within three months from official notice of acceptance.
– Maintenance: Annuities will be due at the beginning of each year subsequent to the year in which the application was filed and payable within a period of 3 months between January 1st and March 31st.
– Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information feel free to contact us.