South Africa patent application requirements and general information
1.- Requirements for our Patent Appplication Service in South Africa
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in English and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Other information
-Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 31 months from the earliest date of priority. This time limit can be extended paying an additional fee.
-Examination: In South Africa patent applications are examined according to the formal requirements only.
-Patent Grant: Once the patent is accepted for registration the applicant must proceed with the payment Issuance of the certificate (Optional). Once the patent certificate is issued we will forward it to the client.
– Maintenance: Annuities fee payments are due from the 3rd year of anniversary of the international filing date. The first payment is upon receiving the granting notice of the application.
-Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.