Taiwan patent application requirements and general information
1.- Filing information – Taiwan Patent
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Chinese and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Patent in Taiwan
– Priority: Taiwan is not a member of the PCT, so the time limit in order claim priority is 12 months from the earliest date of priority.
– Examination: The 2. Request for examination must be filed within 3 years from the application date.
– Patent Grant: Once the patent is accepted for registration the applicant must proceed with the 3. Patent Grant fees within 3 months from the official acceptance notice.
– Maintenance: The first year annuity should be paid along with the patent granting fee. The due date for effecting the 2nd and subsequent annuity payments of a patent is one day before the publication date.
– Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information feel free to contact us. You can always contact also the local Intellectual Property Office trough the following link: