UAE patent application requirements and general information
1.- Filing information – United Arab Emirates Patent
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Arabic and English and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Patent in United Arab Emirates
– Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 30 months from the earliest date of priority for national phases and 12 months for local patent applications. Restoration of this term is not possible.
-Examination:The Request for examination must be filed once the formal examination has finalized and the invitation for paying substantive examination is issued.
– Patent Grant: Once the patent is accepted for registration the applicant must proceed with the payment the publication fees.
– Maintenance: Maintenance fees must be paid every year counting from the international filing date for PCT application or from the application date for standard applications.
– Patent term : 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information feel free to contact us. You can always contact the official UAE Intellectual Property Office trough the following link: