Ukrainian patent application requirements and general information
1.- Ukrainian Patent application Requirements
Below you will be able to find our Ukrainian patent application requirements:
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Ukrainian and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.-General information of the process in Ukraine
– Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 31 months from the earliest date of priority for national phases and 12 months for local patent applications. Restoration of this term is possible within two months after the expired deadline.
– Examination: The Request for examination must be filed within 3 years from the International Filing Date for PCT national phases and from the filing date for conventional applications.
– Patent Grant: Once the patent is accepted for registration the applicant must proceed with the payment of Patent Grant fees within 3 months from the date of receipt of the Decision to Grant. Once the patent certificate is issued we will forward it to the client.
– Maintenance: Once the patent granted the first post-grant annuities must be paid within four months from the date of issuance of a patent. Then each year must be paid counting from the application date.
– Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information you can visit the website of the Ukrainian Patent office in the following link: