Patent Services in Taiwan
We are aware of the importance and sensitivity of our client´s patents, and because of this we are always trying to deliver high quality standards services through a personalized support. Below you will be able to review our service options:
1. Local/Direct Patent Filing in almost any country
2. PCT National Phases in all PCT contracting states
3. International PCT application.
4. Regional patent applications ( EPO, GCC, ARIPO, EAPO, OAPI)
PATENT INFRINGEMENT SERVICES
1. Infringement Identification Search per patent
2. Infringement Contentions Preparation per patent
3. Invalidity Contentions Preparation per patent
4. Response to Invalidity Contentions Preparation per patent
5. Patent to Product Mapping/Claim Chart/EoU Preparation per claim chart
PATENT ANALYSIS SERVICES
1. Novelty/Patentability Search
2. Freedom-to-Operate/FTO Study
3. Patent & Business Landscape
4. Patent Invalidity Search
1. Patent draft in English and Spanish.
2. Analysis and preparation of responses for office actions.
3. Annuity payments and patent prosecution.
4. Translation services in more than 40 languages.
Patent Application in Taiwan
Taiwan is not a contracting state of the PCT, so you can only apply directly as a local filing. Below you will find more information of the process.
If you have a filed patent in any country and you need to expand its protection to Taiwan, you can proceed with a national application within 12 months from the earliest priority filing date. In general, a direct national patent application strategy is recommended if you know exactly where your target market is and probably if you want to protect your application in a few countries only.
If you need to proceed with the filing of a national application you have to consider the following requirements:
- Patent specifications in the local language (Abstract, application text, claims and drawings).
- Copy of the foreign priority including, country, filing date, title, owner and inventors. If applies.
With us, the filing process (PCT or Direct filing) should take 3 -5 days once we have received all the information required. Our global experience along with a high quality local patent attorneys and experts will make this process easier, clear and fast. Contact us so we can review your the original patent application details and provide you with our expert advice.
This is the main requirements in order to start a patent protection process.
General process of a patent application
Patent Filing: Once you have your patent draft already written we will prepare the documentation for a proper patent application in the regarding country.
Patent examination: after about 12 months, this will depend on the country the examination process will start.
Office action: The patent office will issue an examination report with observations and requirements to the application.
Patent Granting: Once the examination has ended and if the patent office has accepted your application your patent will be granted.
Maintenance fee: In almost every country you need to pay a yearly fee in order to keep your patent in force.
1. Time frame: The patent process in Taiwan normally can takes up to 4 years from the filing to the granting.
Patent Application Budget
For understanding the total costs of your patent filing or complete patent application process you must consider the filing patent office official fees, attorney legal fees, translation fees and document legalization fees. In some countries search and examination fees should be paid later in the patent application process and you should also budget possible Office Actions and finally the granting fees and annuities.
For a better understanding of the costs please contact us.