Italy patent application requirements and general information
1.- Italian Patent Requirements
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in Italian and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- General information
– Priority: The time limit to claim a foreign priority is 12 months from the earliest filing date. This term can be restored within 2 months from the expired deadline.
– Examination: No examination request must be paid, the examination is automatically conducted.
– Maintenance: The first annual fees are due starting from the 5th year as of the application date.
– Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further details feel free to contact us or you can always visit the official website of the intellectual property office of Italy trough the following link: