1.- Filing information – Oman Patent
For Direct or Convention Applications
- Patent Application Order Form: Client has to complete and send back to us the Patent Application Order Form (attached).
- Copy of the specification of invention including claims and drawings.
- Arab Translation (Specifications and Priority document).
- Declaration of Inventor in favor of the applicant, if applicant is not the inventor.
- Certified Priority Document with application number and country of origin.
- Company’s copy of incorporation document with translation (if applicable).
2.- Power of Attorney
Power of attorney should be duly legalized up to the Oman Consul.
3.- Other information
Concession of the Patent Grant: 20 years
Concession of the Utility Model or Design Application: 15 years
Member of the Paris Convention: Yes
Oman is a Member of the PCT: Yes
- Patent Filing
- Preliminary Exam
- Patent Publication: 18 months from the priority date
- Formal Examination Request: Before 36 months from the filing date. Must be requested after 60 days from the patent publication date.
- 90 days to respond office action from the formal examination.
- Acceptance or rejection
- Payment of the Final Taxes and Title.