Singapore patent application requirements and general information
1.- Singapore Patent Application Requirements
– Patent Filing service form.
– Patent specifications (abstract, description, claims and drawings) in English and in Word format.
– Copy of any amendment made to the patent specifications if it applies.
– Copy of the priority document, PCT application number or ISR (International search report) if it applies.
– Payment upfront.
– Power of attorney signed. The template of this document will be sent once the service request is confirmed.
2.- Patents in Singapore
– Priority: The time limit for the PCT national phase entry is 30 months from the earliest date of priority for national phases and 12 months for local patent applications. Restoration of this term is possible.
– Examination: The 2. Request for examination must be filed within 3 years from the priority date
– Patent Grant: Once the Notice of Eligibility has been issued, the applicant must proceed with the payment of the 3. Patent Grans fees within two months from official notice.
– Maintenance: Maintenance fees must be paid every year at the beginning 4th year counting from the international filing date for PCT application and counting from the application date for standard applications.
– Patent term: 20 years from the date of filing of the application.
For further information feel free to contact us. You can always contact also the official Intellectual Property office trough the following link: